Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wine County - Photographer's Work and Pleasure

Welcome to this week's blog (a tad late - but seems a few wineries distracted me).  I hope you find the pics and words enjoyable and will tell your friends to stop on by for a read and subscribe.  Let me start with a few items in the news:

In the news:
  • Tubac Center of the Arts "Beyond the Lens" Exhibition Opening October 15 to November 15.  Tubac Arizona.  One of my works is on display! http://bit.ly/9E6KrI
  • Just received another 10 or so products to shoot for Mankinddog.com www.mankinddog.com
  • Practiced some portrait shots (Thanks to Debbie for being my model)!
  • Started adding cameral setting specs to blog pics for those of you that are interested in such info.
  • Napa "Signs" special offer now available on my site, check them out! http://bit.ly/dpOFxe
  • Now to the pics and words....
Seavey Winery, Napa Valley : 50mm, ISO 400, f9, 1/1250
©Bob Ochoa Photography, 2010
Over the past decade, my wife and I have had the good fortune to visit Napa Valley, California many times.  Each visit has only gotten better.  Better pictures, better wine, and better memories.  This trip is no exception other than I was more focused on improving my photos of the area  The above shot is that of a refurbished diary farm wall dating back to 1881  I used a 50mm prime and had to compose and focus using my feet.  You can visit Seavey Winery...check them out at www.seaveyvineyard.com.

Rose, Howell Mountain, Napa ; 200mm lens, ISO 400, f5.6, 1/60
©Bob Ochoa Photography, 2010
On the softer side of Napa, there were some spectacular roses in all phases of blooming.  This one happened to be in the garden of one of the owners of Hunnicutt Winery www.hunnicuttwines.com.  We tasted some great wines at Hunnicutt and recommend going there for a visit, but give them a few weeks to finish the road up to their new wine cave.  Ask for Jennifer!


"Red Brand" sign, Chappellet Winery : 50mm lens, ISO 400, f2.5, 1/400
©Bob Ochoa Photography, 2010
2006 is when we first visited Chappellet Winery (www.chappellet.com) and it was chilly and rainy...so much so, we were not able to go out to the vineyards.  This year...very different, beautiful blue sky and warm (okay, it was hot!).  Add some nice wine, some education in how Chappellet makes wine = another fun experience.  I shot the "Red Brand' sign off a walking path close to the winery.  The good news here is there was shade for this shot.  Other shots on this trip required some thoughtful setups to minimize the effects of mid-day sun.  


The following shots were of the fruit of the vine.  Both had some direct sun challenges but all-in-all they turned out pretty good.  
50mm lens, ISO 320, f1.4, 1/2500
©Bob Ochoa Photography, 2010
50mm lens, ISO 1600 (whoops), f2.2, 1/3200
©Bob Ochoa Photography, 2010


I hope to have my favorites from this year's Napa trip up on my site in the next week.


Thanks and please tell your friends to check out my blog.  Leave a comment!


Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment